Our goal is to provide a ministry of hope and caring so that no member of our congregation need be alone during a crisis or other time of need. We:
- Visit the ill at home or in the hospital
- Support those going through a life crisis
- Maintain contact with those unable to attend worship services due to illness or a disabling condition; physical, mental, or emotional.
- Support friends and family involved in care giving.
- Comfort the bereaved.
- Provide support in a spiritual exploration.
Our Pastoral Care Team includes Ginny Baker, chair, Carl Nyblade, Jan Krouskop, Jeff Packer, Mary Jane Brunt, Rick Steele, and Revs Paul Beckel, Barbara Gilday, and Tessie Mandeville.
If you, or someone you know at BUF, are in need of support or comfort,
please contact Ginny Baker.
Neighbor to Neighbor
Members of our Neighbor to Neighbor (N2N) team provide intermittent, short-term help to members and friends in the following areas:
Preparing/delivering meals (we use the website Meal Train)Caregiver respite
Transportation to BUF services or medical appointments
Light housekeeping chores
Communications assistance (e.g, connecting to BUF by computer)
Community resources information
To volunteer, contact Kathy and Alan Watts: Alan—firstname.lastname@example.org or Kathy—email@example.com or call Alan or Kathy at home at (360) 371-2397—before 9:00 p.m.
Continue to Religious Education >>